For the rest of the year, all your activities will relate to the student blogging challenge.
Some questions to answer first:
- Have you registered yet? Check out the student participants here. Go to your age group and see if your name and blog URL are included. If yes, go to next question.
- Have you added the challenge badge to your blog? If no, follow these instructions on this post.
- Have you had a comment yet from your mentor? Find the mentor’s name at the top of your student group (they will be same colour as you) If yes, make sure you reply to their comment.
Activities to go on with
The challenge is all about you trying different things, reading instructions, helping each other and improving your blogging experience.
Week 1 is about introducing yourself.
- Make sure you check out some of the student About Me pages mentioned in this post. If you want to add to your About Me page, ask me to change it back to draft so you can improve it.
- It was also about creating avatars. Most of you have added your user avatar, but you can also add a blog avatar. It can be the same avatar and to upload it, go to your dashboard> settings> blog avatar.
- Also have a look at activities 5, 7 and 9 You might be interested in trying one of these.
Week 2 is about commenting
- If you haven’t seen Mrs Yollis’ video about commenting, then spend some time now watching it. It is at the bottom of the commenting post.
- Visit Mrs Yollis’ post about commenting. She also shows some interesting HTML code you could be using in your comments.
- You might want to have a go at one of the activities about commenting. They all sound great and one includes how to add to your blogroll and another is adding a widget like a flag counter.
Week 3 is about town and country
- lots of activities relating to our country Australia
- where would you prefer to live – town or city – why?
- Number 13 challenge is about haunted houses or ghost stories
Week 4 is about your digital footprint and Blog Action Day (inequality)
- Visit Mr Bogush’s website to read the activities
- write post about inequality
- number 13 is add 13 new links to blogroll ready for a game in a couple of weeks time
Week 5 is about using images and videos
- lots of choices relating to images in your blog
- have a go at some of them
- remember to use compfight and give the attribution
Week 6 is about re-designing your blog
- Choose a celebration like Halloween, Christmas, ANZAC Day etc
- Change things on your blog to reflect this celebration
Each week I will add on to this post about the activities you might want to have a go at from the challenge blog.
Remember to ask for help by leaving a comment here
PS If leaving a comment try to use some HTML code as shown in Mrs Yollis’ post.