These instructions are for adding a photo you have taken yourself (or your teacher or parents have taken) and is saved on your computer. You need parental permission if the photo actually includes you or some of your family members.
Step 1. Write your post completely – check spelling and punctuation especially the word I which should always be a capital letter.
Step 2. Add your categories and tags then save the draft of your post.
Now let’s check out the image you want to use – you need to make sure the image is not too large, otherwise it will take up too much memory on your post.
- Is the image a JPEG image?
- Are the dimensions smaller than 500x 500?
- Is the size in kB rather than MB?
Would I be able to use this image? Tell me in a comment and explain why.
Step 3. Hover over your image – is it the right type, dimension and size? If yes, go on to step 4. If no, you will need to resize the image.
Adding image to your post
Step 4. Go to your post and click at the beginning of the line where you want your image to be placed.
Step 5. Click on the Add Media icon above your post icons.
Step 6. A new window opens and you can either drag and drop your image into the area or find and select your image on the computer then click open.
Step 7. A progress bar shows you how far your photo has loaded.
Step 8. Now all you need to do is:
- Add a title for the image – caption too if you want!
- choose how you want the image aligned (None, Left, Center or Right)
- select size of image you want to insert (Thumbnail, Medium, Large or Full Size)
- and then click Insert into Post
You should now have a great post with an image you, your parents or teacher have taken.