Welcome back to the 5/6 classroom blog. This post is all about energy drinks, something that is becoming more and more popular, but how safe are they? The companies that produce these products seem to think that energy drinks are perfectly safe and when consumed, offer the benefits of improved energy levels and mental alertness. So today I would like to see what you think, Behind the News has just ran a story that looks at some of the controversy that is currently surrounding these drinks.
1. First, with a friend or the person next to you, quietly discuss whether you drink energy drinks and if you think that they’re safe for young people.
2. Now watch the video over at Behind the News (by clicking on the link: Behind The News)
3. Following that, answer the series of questions on the sheet provided.
4. Have another quiet discussion with the person next to you about whether your opinion has changed since watching the video.
5. Finally log in at the top right and post a comment (by clicking on the comment button below the post on the main site). Please make your comments about whether or not you think energy drinks are safe and whether young people should be consuming them, back your opinion up with why.
Extension activity – Explore some of the other related articles on the right side of the Behind the News video or look at some other interesting stories on BTN.
Categories : Uncategorized