Grade 3 and 4's at Longford

Look at what we are Learning in 3/4 BD and 4 F

Our Awesome Excursion to the Beaconsfield Mine and Heritage Centre

on May 30, 2014

On Monday 26th of May 3/4 Biffin/Doran and 4 Farran travelled to the Beaconsfield Mine and Heritage Centre. It was an awesome day everyone enjoyed learning about the history of the Beaconsfield Mine. Please look through the different posts and write a recount of what you saw inĀ an area. Your recount might be chosen to introduce that area. Remember you can write a reply in more than one area…

Arriving at the Beaconsfield Mine and Heritage Centre we were split into four groups and given an introduction to the area. The Grubb and Hart Mine buildings were impressive. We also saw the commemoration site for Larry Knight who died in the mining tragedy. We were amazed that Beaconsfield was the first place in Australia to have fluoride added to the drinking water to protect the teeth of the people who live there.

Find out more about the Beaconsfield Mine and Heritage Centre by visiting their website and make sure you check out posts for each of the areas we visited

9 Responses to “Our Awesome Excursion to the Beaconsfield Mine and Heritage Centre”

1. long13laura says:

I loved Beaconsfield!
    It was so fun!

2. long13bree says:

I LOVE BEACONSFIELD =0

3. long13subangan says:

I saw a wild bradeo in bradys lookout.

4. long13heidi says:

I just loved Beaconsfield. It was 10 out of 10

by Heidi

5. Catherine says:

Hi Longford Primary!

We are so glad you enjoyed your time here at the Beaconsfield Mine and Heritage Centre!

Catherine
    Beaconsfield Mine and Heritage Centre Exhibitions Curator

6. long13jack1 says:

Beaconsfield was awesome and I think we should go there again.

7. long13elita says:

Hi everyone,
    I loved beaconsfield and I think that was the 3-4 time I have been there but I think it is awesome and it is very educational and also fun!

Elita

8. long13laura says:

I just loved panning for gold, watching the waterwheel turn and the big BOOM at the 3D Hologram! At Life and Times area, I really liked playing on the old piano! The Beaconsfield Gold Mine and Heritage Centre is a great Tasmanian tourist attraction and is very educational. It’s also loads of fun. I would recommend you take your family there with you!!!

9. Mrs Scott says:

Hi Grades 3/4BD and 4F,
    I hear your Super Sleepover was a great success – well done to all that participated and, especially your wonderful teachers who organised this fabulous event and gave up their evening (and many more hours) to see this happen for you all!