Do you have a class camera available to use all day long?
Do you share a camera with another class or group of classes?
Maybe you have a smartphone or iPad with a camera connection.
Having a camera in the room all day is a great asset when posting on your blog. Being able to take shots of:
- student art work
- group activities
- results of discussions on butcher paper
- students co-operating in the playground
- reading books
- visitors to the class or school
- parents in the class
- maths in real life
- literacy work
- class work
When uploading an image in a post, make sure it is small not the original size. You can make sure this happens by having your camera set to standard size (no bigger than a postcard) with recorded pixels no more than 640. Here are some posts to help you add images to your blog.
- Add one image only
- Add a gallery of images – this can be done in arrays of your choice
- Add as a slideshow using animoto
- Add as a slideshow using photopeach
- Add as a discussion area with voicethread
- Use as part of your blog header
- Hints from Mrs Yollis on how to shoot great digital images
Image: ‘Everyone needs a getaway‘
In the comments, tell our readers some more ways to use your camera at school.