This is probably the easiest way to find images to use in your blog post. But some schools have this site blocked so you might need to check with your IT co-ordinator.
How do you use it?
- In your blog dashboard, you write your post that is going to include an image.
- Go to the flickrcc website linked here – there is a link to this on the sidebar of this blog.
- Type your search term in the box – make sure editing is ticked in case you want to make some changes to the image.
- Choose the image you want to use. Remember you can find more choices by clicking the blue next 30 button.
- Click on the thumbnail of the image you want to use. It will now appear as a larger image on the right hand side.
- Above the image you will also find attribution information.
Adding the image to your blog post
Go to your post dashboard and click the upload/insert icon.
Click on from URL.
There are four things you now need to do from the flickrcc screen.
- Choose size of image you want to use – small or medium (highlight 1) will be large enough most times.
- Right click on image and copy image location. If using Internet Explorer, right click on image, go to properties and copy the address area. Come back to your blog screen and paste this in “URL area“.
- Go back to flickrcc and copy highlighted area 3. Back to your blog screen and paste in” link image to area“. Choose your alignment and click on insert into post.
- Copy the first line of the attribution (highlight 4) and add to the end of your post.
Image: ‘Doing some Sisyphus work‘
Which did you find the easiest?
Leave a comment on this post or write your own post about finding and using images.