Why is it a page instead of a post?
Pages are linked to the front of your blog forever, so they are created for information that doesn’t change very often. When you first create a blog, there is a “Sample Page” there for you already. You can edit this page into an “About Us” page instead.
Editing the Sample Page
- Go to your class blog and log in to your dashboard.
- On the left sidebar, click on the drop down arrow next to Pages.
- Click on All pages.
- Find the Sample Page, hover underneath and click Edit.
- Delete anything that might already be there, then start writing about your class, school, town etc.
- Update the page when you have finished.
Check out the “About Us” pages from these class blogs:
Some blogs have sub pages under the heading About Us, so check out:
Discuss with your students what they are going to include there. Maybe you could add a slide show of your avatars – Animoto is an excellent tool for this. Remember to be internet savvy and check with your school administration as to whether they want the school name included or not.
I can’t see the page on the front of the blog!
Maybe the theme you have chosen does not show pages you have created. Go to your blog dashboard, click on appearance> widgets and drag the pages widget across to a sidebar.
Attribution: Image: ‘Papua New Guinea: Gaire #3‘
Leave a comment: What other pages could you create for your blog?
Check out what other teachers have done.